Re: HS6 carburetors

To: Jim Baustian <jabaustian@att.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HS6 carburetors
From: jello@ida.net
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:14:13 US/Mountain
My experience with cars in general is that bigger carbs alone will not
help your performance, and they may hurt it.  It is also likely that they
will get poorer gas mileage.

If you want a hotter cam and carbs, and a freer flowing exhaust system
(although the stock MGB system is very good), and maybe you want to change
compression ratio and/or displacement - those bigger carbs will get put to
use and make some power.

Phil Bates

> I am considering HS6 carburetors as a method of increasing acceleration
> for my MGB. The experiences of others who have already tried this
> conversion will be appreciated.
> Jim B.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: