Re: HS6 carburetors

To: jello@ida.net, Jim Baustian <jabaustian@att.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HS6 carburetors
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:23:59 -0700 (PDT)
You have to think of engine improvements as a whole package. It does little to
improve airflow if do not make the rest of the travel equal to it. When I did
my rebuild I did not change the HS4 set up at all. I did open up the head a
bit, bored the block .060 and then installed a 272 cam. The result was a much
faster responding engine in the midrange. I would suggest you get a copy of
Peter Burgess's book on Powertuning the MGB engine. It was invaluable to me as
a primer to understand how the system works and what changes to make to get the
result I wanted. YMMV

Carl

> I am considering HS6 carburetors as a method of increasing acceleration
> for my MGB. The experiences of others who have already tried this
> conversion will be appreciated.
> Jim B.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: