70 MGB air pump restrictor question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 70 MGB air pump restrictor question
From: "John Graham" <theklube@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:44:08 -0400
I recently had to replace the hose that connects the air pump to the gulp
valve on my 70 MGB.  My Moss catalog says that there's supposed to be a
restrictor plug that goes in the output tube from the air pump where you
connect said hose.  I didn't find one when I removed the original hose.

So - do I need one?  If so, can anyone tell me what size hole should be in
this restrictor plug?  I'll have to make one (unless someone has a spare
that they can part with) because catalogs that I have indicate that this
part is now N/A.

Next - what are the consequences of not having the restrictor plug in the
hose circuit?  Mine has apparently not been there for quite a while.

TIA

John Graham
1970 MGB
Charlotte NC