Re: Angle Drive repair

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Angle Drive repair
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:27:41 +0200
This is an interesting topic - I've replaced the cable 2000 miles ago.
Since then the odometer still turns irregular, though the needle points
almost stable.
I suspect the internal meter needs a kind of cleaning - lubrication job.
Nice winter job - am I on the right track?

Testing:
Can I use a lsow turning powered screwdriver to test the cable to the meter,
this in order to determine if it's the lower angle drive?

Cheers,

Hans
'71 BGT

P.S. Paul I stil have to do the battery charge light job to do - possibly
next saturday.
I did not forget it!
Sunday is a long club drive - we will have nice weather then.