Coil?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Coil?
From: Malcolm Jeffcock <mjeffcock@tru.eastlink.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:11:19 -0300
Listers:
            A couple of weeks ago I posed a question about my MG's
symptoms...coughing los of power etc. at about 3000 rpm. Well I replaced coil,
condesor, points all based on the old adage that 90% of "carb troubles" are
electric.  No change I now have discovered that one of my carbs (back one) is
sticking. The piston stays "up"  causing the irregular performance-running on 2
cylinders(?). I have cleaned it oil etc. it still seems to stick once car is at
around 3000 rpm for 30 seconds or so. Anyone else had this trouble,how do I fix
it?

    Malcolm

Check out the new British Cars Forum: