Re: List confusion [OK, now it's "Primrose: The Mark ofShame?"]

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: List confusion [OK, now it's "Primrose: The Mark ofShame?"]
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:51:13 +1030
Max Heim wrote:

> That's because they have been REPAINTED in BRG or Tartan Red, both of which
> are more popular today ... You're in the rust belt, remember? Out here in
> CA, there are still a lot in their original paint, and it seems that a large
> percentage of them are Pale Primrose. Still, I know of several cars that
> have been color changed from PP to BRG.

Here in South Australia I know of only one other Primrose MGB (and
amazingly enough it lives FOUR HOUSES AWAY).  Yes, it seems many were
re-painted the more popular BRG and red.  I have seen evidence of this
on a few cars and have been told as such by my MG guy who has dealt in
these cars for many years now.

But... here you can see a couple of lovely C-types that kept their
colour (better than mine)

http://www.mgsales.com.au/sales.html (halfway down the page)

They are Primrose sisters and they look particularly lovely -
beautifully kept/restored!

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII