Re: "Primrose: The Mark of Shame?"

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Primrose: The Mark of Shame?"
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:58:21 +1030
RW wrote:

> If you're concerned about
> the color of your car reflecting badly on the size of your manhood maybe you
> should be driving something like a bright red Hummer. Jeeze!

Ewwww!

My thoughts exactly!  But as I said - in Australia "good natured"
put-downs are part of our culture!  You have to learn to give as good as
you get and as long as it stays "good natured" you won't end up with a
bloodied nose!

Remember when I bought this car six years ago I went up to the guy that
ran the car place and said I wanted a 1968 MGB - he asked me which one -
I said ANY one as long as it isn't red (it seemed almost every car they
had was RED).  I got her specifically because she wasn't red or BRG (how
common :-)

I liked my little Primrose car when she was dainty with her wire wheels
and nowdays anyone who might suggest it is not masculine enough, I
invite them out on the track :-)

Hey, it is just a colour (and as an added bonus, it is more easily seen
on the roads by those marauding RVs - just before they change lanes on
top of you... maybe I will go "canary yellow" next :-)

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

Check out the new British Cars Forum: