Re: "Primrose: The Mark of Shame?"

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Primrose: The Mark of Shame?"
From: Michael Ohleger <movlas2@netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:21:18 -0400
Pulleeeze.   I whole-heartedly agree.  PP is the quintessential 60's
color.  I can't tell you how many MG ads featured a car in Pale
Primrose.  I owned a 70 MGB which the DPO had painted black (real
macho).  I restored it to its original color and sold it to a very
appreciative buyer who told me that he couldn't own a black MGB.

Michael Ohleger
'61 MGA

eric@erickson.on.net wrote:

>RW wrote:
>

>>If you're concerned about
>>the color of your car reflecting badly on the size of your manhood maybe you
>>should be driving something like a bright red Hummer. Jeeze!
>>

>Ewwww!
>

>My thoughts exactly!  But as I said - in Australia "good natured"
>put-downs are part of our culture!  You have to learn to give as good as
>you get and as long as it stays "good natured" you won't end up with a
>bloodied nose!
>
>Remember when I bought this car six years ago I went up to the guy that
>ran the car place and said I wanted a 1968 MGB - he asked me which one -
>I said ANY one as long as it isn't red (it seemed almost every car they
>had was RED).  I got her specifically because she wasn't red or BRG (how
>common :-)
>
>I liked my little Primrose car when she was dainty with her wire wheels
>and nowdays anyone who might suggest it is not masculine enough, I
>invite them out on the track :-)
>
>Hey, it is just a colour (and as an added bonus, it is more easily seen
>on the roads by those marauding RVs - just before they change lanes on
>top of you... maybe I will go "canary yellow" next :-)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: