POR-15

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: POR-15
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:41:13 -0700 (PDT)
In mid-October, I have finally taking my still-pretty
cound MGB tourer in to a local MGB body expert to have
the complete inner and outer sills replaced, plus
doglegs and floors.  There is some rust in there - not
a ton - but I want the car painted and so I am doing
the complete job now in the hopes that I never have to
do it again!

Anyway, since I want to make every effort to prevent
rust from ever getting a foothold again, I am
contemplating coating the entire new area - inner and
outer sills, castle rails, doglegs, floors, etc. -
with POR-15 (www.por15.com).  Has anyone ever used
this stuff before?  All of their literature seems to
imply it should be used on "seasoned" metal, but can
it be applied to new metal and new welds?

Any other tips of tricks I should know about?

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005
A vintage driving event in the spirit