Re: POR-15

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: POR-15
From: rdusel@att.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:53:36 +0000
Por-15 doesn't like clean metal. Works great on rusty metal (produces a nice,
almost ceramic finish) but I have seen it peel off in sheets from clean metal.
Of course the manufacturer says the surface wasn't prepped right and you need a
special clean metal primer... but I still don't trust it on clean metal.
Perhaps Rust-oleum would be a better choice on clean metal?
Rob Dusel 1975 B
-------------- Original message from "Paul M." : --------------

> Anyway, since I want to make every effort to prevent
> rust from ever getting a foothold again, I am
> contemplating coating the entire new area - inner and
> outer sills, castle rails, doglegs, floors, etc. -
> with POR-15 (www.por15.com). Has anyone ever used
> this stuff before? All of their literature seems to
> imply it should be used on "seasoned" metal, but can
> it be applied to new metal and new welds?

Check out the new British Cars Forum: