Re: early MGB tonneau...again

To: Mgbbob@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: early MGB tonneau...again
From: jello@ida.net
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:39:41 US/Mountain
This is a difficult tonneau to find.  It is stock original for early MGB's
but not the earliest MGB's (which did have only three zippers/panel
section).  I had to buy old stock, and have 3 of the original tonneaus
with the original style fold-over and stapped panels at the rear quarter.
All are in various states of non-usability (rusted shut zippers, broken
zipper webbing, streched, or torn old vinyl).  I don't think you can get
the original style, but you may want to ask Prestige Auto Trim
(www.prestigeautotrim.com).  I've heard their products and customer
service are excellent, although I have never dealt with them in any way.

Phil Bates
Good early MGB tonneau seeker

> Hi listers,
>
> Just to clear up any confusion....the only tonneau covers available from
the big 3 have
(3) zippers: (1) in the center and (1) each at the rear quarters where the
tonneau rail
protrudes.

> These are not in the original style: I'm looking or teh original style
with fold-over and
snapped panels at the rear quarters.

> Bob Stahlbush

Check out the new British Cars Forum: