Re: Fuel Pressure?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pressure?
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 13:57:04 -0500
Frank Krajewski wrote:

> My 1980 B stranded me for the first time today. I could hear the pump working
> away and not shutting down as it should when the float bowl on the ZS fills. I
> can see the gas spurting into the fuel filter but it is not filling the filter
> hence no gas is reaching the carb. Can it be a faulty pump? Although I can
> hear the pump and see the gas attempting to flow thru the filter it simply
> does not. I have checked all the lines and there are no leaks anywhere that
> would divert the gas flow. Has anyone else experienced this odd situation? The
> gas tank is full but the pumps acts like it would if the tank were empty.
> Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski

Possibility the line is clogged? I doubt it's needle and seat in float
bowls, since it would be odd for it to happen to both.

Sometimes if there's some water in the tank and it gets into the fuel
filter, the filter will stop allowing fuel through. I think maybe I
would bypass the filter and see if the fuel makes it to the float
chambers.

Also possible the line from the filter to the carbs has deteriorated
and stopped up.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
JJ Cale Live CD and video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm