RE: Oil Leaking

To: "'John Di Fede'" <difejo@optonline.net>,
Subject: RE: Oil Leaking
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 13:16:08 -0700
Thanks to Bill Schooler I see how the system works now.  There is no PCV
valve in '73 rather the system employs a fixed orifice ventilation
methodology.

So, ho can this system malfunction?  Seems fool proof.  I guess the take off
at the tapped cover can somehow get clogged but that seems unlikely and mine
appears to be clear.  Am I missing something?

Frank
'73 GT

> Before you pull the engine, check and make sure that the
> crankcase ventilation system is functioning properly.  I've
> seen clogged PCV systems cause pressure to build in an engine
> and this causes oil to be forced out past the seals.
>
> John

Check out the new British Cars Forum: