Re: intermittant tailight problem

To: MG digest <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: intermittant tailight problem
From: Andrew Martens <joyride@sasktel.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 12:35:22 -0600
I had this problem on my 73 and what an ordeal to solve! In my case it is a bad
wiring connection on the back of the dimmer rheostat on the dash. Found it by
accident by sticking hand under dash and "fiddling" around. This also affected
my dash lights so I can tell when the wire has "shifted" as the little lights
on the heater controls goes out. Re-adjust the wires on the back of the
rheostat and voila. I have heard that the rheostat can be bypassed - these
units are so old now that the contact surface has worn down so much that it
doesn't reach full illumination any more and are actually quite dim at max.

try that
andrew

Check out the new British Cars Forum: