EBay fraud example

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: EBay fraud example
From: BarrMark262@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 20:46:02 EDT
Hi Listers: I am embarassed to say I got sucked into an eBay scam last
month. I received an email from"eBay" with the amount I owed for listings I had
 on
the sight. I was selling several items at the time.

Like a good citizen, I promptly sent a check to an eBay address in Denver.

I never got credit on my account and had to pay eBay again on line with my
credit card which I should have done before. That payment showed up instantly
on  my account.

Today, they tried it again. Said I owed another $42.00, but I knew I owed
nothing. I forwarded the email to eBay in hopes they will do something about
it.
My $53.00 is probably up the nose of some jerk by now.

Anyway: Don't do what I did.

How in the heck did they know what I owed for the listings?

Gawd, what a dual edge sword the internet is.

Dennis Barr
Medford, Oregon

Check out the new British Cars Forum: