Re: MGC starter wiring (was " ")

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: MGC starter wiring (was " ")
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:57:03 -0500
       Not necessarily; if one wire has the wrong connector on it,
another can too.  Jim didn't have power to the headlights and ignition
when the large brown wire was connected to the spade on the solenoid.
He did have them when he touched that brown wire to the post.  This must
tell you something.

   He didn't say if the starter would crank the engine when the ignition
switch was turned to the start position.  Seems to me that the thing to
do is look for the white/red or white/brown wire that's supposed to run
from the ignition switch to the spade on the solenoid, presuming the C
wiring is the same as the B, see where it's hooked up, if it's present
and not taped back. In my years of working on older cars I've seen that
kind of wierdthing.

   I sure wish I could see the car or that someone with a C would chime
in.

   CR

Paul Hunt wrote:
> In that case there would be two wires with spade connectors and only one
> spade ... unless one of two spades *did* break off and someone changed the
> wrong wire to a lug.  But then it would never have worked, and a mixture of
> spades and lugs for the brown wires would have been unusual in the first
> place.
>
> PaulH.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: