Re: Dim, flicker & off traced to fuse block

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Dim, flicker & off traced to fuse block
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:08:06 -0500
   Aw, ida no, when you get right down to it the fuse block is a
junction block with some fuses in it.  Almost all circuits are affected
by it.  The problem I had with the horns on my '69 B finally turned out
to be tarnished connections at the fuse box.  I can usually affect a
quick fix on the road by spinning the top fuse in place, do a more
thorough cleaning after I get home.  The doggoned old car has its own
personality. ;^)

   CR

Paul Hunt wrote:
> The bad news is that problems at the fusebox (unless shorts to ground which
> would be accompanied with much letting out of smoke) will affect none of
> those things except the interior light and possibly the radio.  Even the
> interior light symptom is more likely to be a problem of failure of supply
> *to* the fusebox and not within it since the purple fuse only supplies
> interior lights and horns.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: