Blinker prob

To: mg list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Blinker prob
From: Douglas Gaither <dgaither@northeastassembly.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:16:35 -0700
I'm just putting my '66B back together.  The directional indicator
lamps are giving me some grief.  The right indicator bulb works fine,
but the left one, doesn't work at all.  After a little investigation
with a voltmeter, it appears there is a 4v drop differential between
the left and right lamp sockets.  The blinker blinks faster than my
voltmeter can display, so there is a fluctuation of readings.  But the
right one fluctuates between 9.15v and 4.5v while the left one is 6v to
2v.  I have narrowed the difference down to the lamp housing.

Question 1: Am I misdiagnosing this?
Question 2:  Can I fix this either by replacing the lamp holder or some
other modification?

Doug

Check out the new British Cars Forum: