RE: factory hard top

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: factory hard top
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:09:41 -0700
Monte:

There are major differences in construction between the rubber and
chrome bumper cars.  The whole assembly process was changed and there
may have been enough tolerance shifts to cause the problems you are
having, but I've not seen any documentation.

The factory hardtops were still being supplied on later rubber bumper
cars and I'm not aware of any changes to design.  Probably there was
less concern about fit and tightness of seal.  I had similar sealing
difficulties with my 1970 MGB, but assumed it was a ventilation feature.
It was still a vast improvement over the soft top during the Colorado
winters.

Kelvin.