Re: storage

To: Aaron Whiteman <awhitema@panix.com>
Subject: Re: storage
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:37:34 -0500
You'd think a place that gets 60 inches of snow a year would have
people that can drive in snow. But they can't, the first real snow
of the year and there's a wreck every couple miles.

This in a place where everyone has to have a SUV.

Trying to drive a B or BGT in winter up here would be suicide. You
know someone in an Escalade or Expedition or Hummer would knock me off
the road and not even notice.

Aaron Whiteman wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2004, at 3:59 PM, Dodd, Kelvin wrote:
>

>>It's sad that you won't have the joy of skittering around in 10" of
>>snow
>>and bouncing off snow banks on the ice.
>>
>>If you think driving an MGB during the summer is fun, try putting
>>studded snows on all corners and playing in the snow!
>

> Skip the studs.  I use Artic Alpins, they behave more like "normal"
> tires.
>
> A B in snow is great fun indeed!  10" might be a bit much, my B doesn't
> like much more than about 6", less if the snow had a chance to melt.
>
> 2 months to ski season, wheee!

Check out the new British Cars Forum: