Walsall Wheels Ltd. Steering Wheel - anybody know anything

To: MGs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Walsall Wheels Ltd. Steering Wheel - anybody know anything
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:40:56 -0600
Among the other parts that I got with my 66 MGBGT V8 that came off of
the mid 60s MGB ralley car that the guy had also (the body had
disintegrated over the years and the car was then stripped of parts) is
a Walsall steering wheel.  It is a three spoke leather covered wheel
that is about 1 inch smaller in diameter than the original banjo wheel
was.  Here is a link to a picture:
http://home.sprintmail.com/~mgtrautoxr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sport_wheel.jpg

<http://home.sprintmail.com/%7Emgtrautoxr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sport_wheel.jpg>

If you want to compare it with the banjo wheel look at the whole page it
shows one of those also (that I just put up on e**y for auction):
http://home.sprintmail.com/~mgtrautoxr/id3.html
<http://home.sprintmail.com/%7Emgtrautoxr/id3.html>

I can find very little info about this wheel.  It needs repaired, as
shown in the picture, where it has separated, but is complete with hub
and horn button assembly.  Stamped on it (in a circle) is: Walsall
Wheels Ltd." then through the center of the circle is stamped
"England".  Any info on this wheel would be appreciated.  Also, if
anybody would be interested in buying it let me know also, I can't
really use it - because the '66 MGBGT already has a three spoke leather
wheel in, though it is more of just the moto-lite type, but this wheel
would be too large because the steering column has been lowered a few
inches.  Thanks.

Kevin Brown
'66 MGB GT V8, '54 MGTF 1500 RHD, '71 MGB, '78 MGB V8