Re: Non-LBC - automatic diesel car question

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Non-LBC - automatic diesel car question
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:07:19 -0800
I would estimate "life of the car" to be no more than 100,000 miles -- it
certainly doesn't mean "infinity".

I think his suggestion is a good place to start. The condition of the fluid
and the filter will give him an indication as to whether anything is going
wrong with the transmission.

An automatic transmission includes friction surfaces, which by nature are
wearable parts, so you can't expect it to last indefinitely without service,
any more than you can expect your clutch or brakes to last forever.
280,000km is a good long time, I think.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149