Re: Dead Alt

To: "S. Allen" <sallen3663@gmail.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Dead Alt
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:38:46 -0000
Definitely not.  In 35 years of ownership of cars equipped with Lucas alts
with 70k plus miles and 14 years on some examples I have only ever had one
problem and that was on a diode pack in the 70s.  Either you are getting
crap rebuilds or some other problem on your car is blowing good alts, which
could be tricky to find.  However even that is pretty unlikely as they have
comprehensive over-voltage and over-current protection.  As Goldfinger said
"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action."

PaulH.