Re: Dementia or Addiction ??

Subject: Re: Dementia or Addiction ??
From: Aaron Whiteman <awhitema@panix.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:28:03 -0800
On Dec 3, 2004, at 9:11 AM, Christian, Skip wrote:

>       Here's a question for everyone.  Exactly what makes you either own or
> desire a particular car (for street use) ??

For me, different cars have different needs.  When I want to enjoy the
drive, I need a car that talks to me.  It should tell me what is going
on regarding the road conditions, any vibrations in the engine or
chassis have meaning.  In short, a driver's car should not isolate one
from the driving experience.  Reliability is important, but only to the
level of avoiding the tow truck.  The MG does a nice job of this (for
the most part).

I bought the Suzuki because the MG broke down in two places:
   * It doesn't have enough space to take me and somebody else skiing.
   * It doesn't have the ground clearance to go mountain biking without
worries.

My requirements are that the SUV handle "well enough" to do the job,
especially in snow.  It need not excel at anything at all; just get me
where I want to go without trouble.  I don't leave the driver's seat
with a grin, but that is OK--I am only using it to get at something
else anyway.  Given that it is a car of the current millennium, I
expect absolute reliability with standard maintenance.

--
Aaron Whiteman -- http://www.panix.com/~awhitema/MG/
  '75 B (red for now), HIF4 carbs