Re: Dementia or Addiction ??

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Dementia or Addiction ??
From: Saabnutty@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 17:59:33 EST
Well, I've had my license for 25 years now...but my list seems so relatively
small:

1970 Fiat 124 Spider
1975 Ford Pinto Wagon (3-door)
1978 Chevrolet Chevette (3-door)
1985 Datsun 210 5-door
1987 Chevrolet Nova (aka Toyota Corolla - 1st car I ever bought new!)
1985 Dodge Caravan work-van
1983 Saab 900S 3-door (went 300,000 miles)
1989 Saab 900S 3-door (still own @ 200,000 miles)
1978 MGB (still own)
2002 Saab 9-3 SE (still own, 2nd car bought new)

Since I'm a musician, my main points for car selection have been price
(cheap) and cargo capacity.  The Fiat was a fun first car, but hauling a small
PA to
gigs was too much for it.  For the last 12 years or so the Saabs have served
me well.  Around 60 cu/ft of cargo room with the seat folded down, a
relatively "sporty" exterior (or ugly, depending on your opinion), and pretty
decent
gas mileage.  The older 900 is easy to work on too, with very little required
except for oil changes and the occasional "poor man's tune-up" (plugs, cap,
rotor, filters).  Not too sure about the new Saabs though...I tend to shy away
from anything too "new".  The MGB?  Oh, that's my mid-life crisis car.

Donny V
1978 MGB

P.S. I'm not 100% sure of all the model years...

In a message dated 12/3/2004 12:18:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,