brake light bulbs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: brake light bulbs
From: dave houser <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 18:52:55 -0800
The Sept/Oct. issue of the MGB Driver had a tech tip that told me about
a #2357 bulb being a brighter bulb for braking than the standard 1157. I
stopped in an the local Autozone and went to pick up a pair of the
2357's when the clerk suggested that if I wanted max braking visibility
I should go for a pair of the LED bulbs.
Has anyone had experience with either and what recommendations can you
offer? The 2357's are a little bit more but the LED bulbs were $16.95
pr. As far as safety goes, that's a small price to pay.
TIA,
Dave Houser
(Trying to make the TD, MGA and BGT easier to see on the roads in Florida)