Re: '92 XJ12 Project

To: TR6UO@aol.com, Mgs@Autox.Team.Net, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: '92 XJ12 Project
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:30:47 -0600
At 03:17 PM 12/16/04 -0500, Steve <TR6UO@aol.com> wrote:
>.... engine is fried. The 12-bangers are so  expensive to repair, ....
>
>If anyone .... has a Jaguar engine sitting around, ....

I wouldn't imediately write it off for lack of an engine.  I share the
opinion that it should be repaired with correct V12 engine, but maybe not
by way of expensive engine rebuilt.  I hear tales (feel free to inquire on
the net) of a warehouse full of V12 engines (maybe a dozen or so), some in
running condition, left over after V8 transplants, and available for lots
less than the cost of an engine rebuild.

End of info, that's all I know, no other opinion, so no need to reply to
ask more.  Not my area of expertice, just my $.02.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com