Re: Compressor advice please

Subject: Re: Compressor advice please
From: Simon Matthews <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:23:42 -0800
Thanks everyone for the comments on the compressor and tools kit. I
bought it last weekend. I don't think I mentioned this, but it is a
"Husky" brand. The tools look small and perhaps a little underpowered,
but I expect they will work OK for most jobs on an MG!

The compressor has a built-in regulator -- it compresses the tank to
150lbs and then has an adjustable output pressure. One minor problem:
the power lead is *very* thick and comes with a warning not to use
extension leads -- but the lead is only 3 feet long! I plan to find a
short and fat extension lead.

A couple of  questions: the tank has a water drain at the bottom. How
often should I open this and drain the tank?  I live in California, so
the humidity is pretty low most of the time.  How often do air tools
need oiling?

All in all, I think it is pretty good value for $300.

Simon