Re: Misc. Questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Misc. Questions
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:15:25 -0800
David Macedonia wrote:

> 3. The speedometer needle doesn't move. Actually, I think it wants to
> move, it just gets stuck. The odometer, however, appears to be working.
> Any suggestions?

If the odo is working, the speedo should be working too. The most common
failure is the primary number wheel of the odo gets loose on its shaft
as the array passes a bunch of zeros. You have an unusual failure. The
odo is driven by a gear picker that turns the odo array one tooth at a
time, while the speedo is turned by a magnetic linkage. I suspect the
speedo unit is stuck somehow. I fix both odos and speedos, but I don't
recommend it unless you have some experience or are prepared to replace
the whole unit if you mess up.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website: http://www.liberty-in-our-time.com/