Re: replacing clutch on the MGB

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: replacing clutch on the MGB
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 11:24:14 +0100
Fully agree to disengage gears when halted @ traffic lights.
One can hear from the engine revs, that pressing the clutch pedal takes
force from the engine.
As the gears are not running then, the power must be consumed by the trowout
bearing.
It is obvious this will create wear.

We have learnt from the English people and now in the past 10 years lots of
roundabouts have been built in the Netherlands as well.
Quite an improvement for clogged road junctions.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT