MGB in the snow

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB in the snow
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 12:07:34 -0700
What a day.  We're supposed to have the snow storm or the century - well
so they said two days ago.  This morning, I woke up to 1 inch.  It was
nice out.  I shoveled off the driveway and left in the MGB for some
porsche parts and doughnuts.  About 1 minute before I got to the auto
parts store, the storm hit.  it was a white out of heavy snow -
something we rarely get here in Idaho at 4800 ft of elevation (this is
the desert, afterall).  Our snow is usually light and fluffy, kind of
like light sand, but made of water.  Anyhow we got about 2 inches, maybe
3 in 30 minutes.  That with heavy wind.  I got around ok in the MGB, but
you find out really quickly just how poorly it does in this stuff.
Anyone else using an MG for winter driving??

Phil Bates