Ebay MGB - Beware

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ebay MGB - Beware
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:23:55 EST
I don't know if any of you are looking at the MGB GT on sale at
_http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4520549716
&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT_
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4520549716&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT)

It shows only pictures of old photographs, nothing new.

I e-mailed the seller:

"Do you have any current pictures showing the car in detail, including  the
title and serial number plate?"

His response:

"Theses are the only photos I have presently. I have just switched over to  a
new computer. The photos are in the old one. I have not found a way to
trandfer them to the new one. So I made prints and photoed them. Then
transfered
them to the new computer.
This car has been a race car since the 70's.  Therefore there is no title or
serial number. "

All photos are old race stock, and the drivers door shot shows a car with a
yellow door while the car is orange in all other shots.

Either this guy is REALLY bad at marketing a car (and has never heard of a
floppy disc), or this is another ebay scam.

You have been warned!

(Besides, you couldn't race it in vintage anyway ;-)

Bill
(who knows that the one thing you do NOT do on a race car is remove the
serial number tag - not if you want to get it across any international
borders!)