Re: Datsun Roadsters

To: "Christian, Skip" <wellner.christian@navy.mil>
Subject: Re: Datsun Roadsters
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:12:46 -0600
I learned the value of a convertible in one of these. A 67 1/2 1600 was
my brother's first car. He kept it for 10 years or so. I drove it a lot
when he was off in Okinawa and I was in college.

He also bought a '69 2000 autocross car and turned it in to a full road
racer. I'm pretty sure he only ran the 1600 racing. The guy he bought
the 2000 from had just about everything messed up on the engine. It
had Solexes.

I remember we towed the race car with the street car once or twice.
Manhattan, Ks, to Kansas City. 120 miles. Loaded up with college stuff.
Must have been spring break.

The metal is definitely thinner.

I like the front styling, not the rear so much.

I'd sure like the power of that 2000.

Back in the late 70s, parts were hard to get. There were a few mail
order places. Dealers did have parts but they weren't cheap. I wonder
what parts are like now.

Paul.