Re: Off topic-need help with a detected virus

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Off topic-need help with a detected virus
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:13:12 -0000
A Trojan is an apparently benign piece of software that actually carries
additional and damaging features.  Usually entering the name of the virus or
whatever into Google and searching comes up with a whole list of sites
discussing the problem and often how to get rid of it, but in this case
nothing.  However I persevered and deleted the '.AM' from the end and this
time came up with these 70 or so references -
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Dropper.Agent.2&btnG=Search&meta=

The curious thing is that the '.am' *is* present in some of the references
so I don't know why it didn't pick them up the first time.  Any road up, as
they say round these parts, hope you find a solution in that list.

PaulH.