Off topic-need help with a detected virus

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Off topic-need help with a detected virus
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:28:40 -0600
Sorry to bomb the list, but I know there are many computer saavy persons
here.
I use AVG Free Edition anti-virus software. It has detected a Trojan horse
(I don't even know what this is:-) called Dropper.Agent.2.AM and the object
is listed as:    C:\counter.cab:\counter.exe
The AVG status is: Infected, Embedded Object.

I've tried the Help section and the virus encyclopedia does not recognize
this virus and it will not allow me to move it to the Vault; there is no
"button" displayed to do this.

Can someone tell me what to do with this virus? As you can tell, I'm pretty
much computer illiterate, so I'll need to be hand-held through any process
that you describe:-).

Thanks,
Monte