RE: Rear stabilizer bars

To: "'mgs'" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "'v8'" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rear stabilizer bars
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:54:08 -0500
 All of this brings up a couple of questions, one of which I probably should
have asked earlier but hadn't thought about.

1.  How does the addco bar attach?  I'm planning on putting this on my 71 V8
that did not have a factory rear bar.

2.  One lister said that a rear bar on a car with an open diff will lift the
inside rear wheel and that is why he no longer uses his.  Any thoughts?

Right now I have a 3/4 front bar and no rear bar.  I am lifting the inside
front wheel under heavy cornering in auto-x use, and the car is pushing more
than I like.  I have a spreadsheet that calculates weight transfer, etc and
it would appear that my best bet is to go back to the stock front bar and no
rear bar.  However, the spreadsheet cannot take into account chassis and
bushing flex.  Does anyone have any practical experience with what roll bar
combinations work for race use?

Thanks.
James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8