Re: MGB 65' v6 231 conversion alt/tach problem

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB 65' v6 231 conversion alt/tach problem
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:34:04 -0800
I don't know for sure, but I rather doubt that the Smith tach would work at
all with the V6. The pulse count would be off. Most aftermarket tachs have a
3-way switch for 4/6/8 cylinders. The Smith was, of course, not intended for
other than 4 cylinders. I don't know if you could use an MGC tach in its
place.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149