Ball Joint and Tie Rod Puller Group Purchase -- Tested on a

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ball Joint and Tie Rod Puller Group Purchase -- Tested on a
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:15:47 -0500
I tested our cheapo group purchase puller on my TR250 ball joint this evening.
It worked perfectly.

I unscrewed the ball joint nut a little but did not take it off the ball
joint's post -- per the
directions.

I put the ball joint's shaft deep into fork of the puller -- not out on the
fork's finger tips, and
tightened it up. Just tigh. I didn't muscle it. Then I took 3 taps with a
carpenter's hammer and it
popped out. The taps were strokes about 10" long. Kind of like the few light
strokes you would take
when starting a 16d framing nail before you start driving it in with full
swings.

In my opinion, for $11.77 it's a deal. I can't imagine breaking one of these
when using the tapping
method, and I'm not sure why you would not use the tapping method. But I guess
if some folks don't
like to tap, there's always the $50.00 pullers.

A couple of nights ago, I tested it on a lever shock link. The link's taper is
a lot smaller than
that of a ball joint, so I just kept tightening it -- no tapping. It poped out
with a loud bang.
Kind'a scared me. I like the tapping better :-)

Looks like I'll have about 5 extras because some folks dropped out. If you want
one let me know.

$11.77 Puller
   6.00 shipping
========