Re: [mg-mgb-list] oil filter

To: <mg-mgb-list@yahoogroups.com>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [mg-mgb-list] oil filter
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:45:38 -0000
Fram PH2857A is of the correct size.  However
http://www.frankhunt.com/FRANK/corvette/articles/oilfilterstudy/oilfilterstu
dy.html (no relation) indicates that the Fram PH series is not very good
quality, and if the filter is inverted you can get drain back and a delay in
oil pressure at the next start.  That filter is certainly worse for
drainback than either Champion or Unipart in my experience.  If it is
hanging then it shouldn't matter, apart from the quality of the actual
filtration.

PaulH.