Re: Pinholes in gas tank

To: "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Pinholes in gas tank
From: Robert.Haigney@anixter.com
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:23:22 -0800
I had a tank on a car in England do that once, it had lots of little pin
holes, some where so small you couldn't even see them. I did a temporary
fix that was a body filler for gas tanks, you just spread it over the holes
and then paint over it, it worked great for the three years I had the car,
trouble is I don't remember what it was called, sorry.

Robert.
1978 MGB

             "Bill Snyder"
             <wtsnyder@bellsou
             th.net>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  <mgs@autox.team.net>
             owner-mgs@autox.t                                          cc
             eam.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       Pinholes in gas tank
             03/30/2005 02:19
             PM

             Please respond to
               "Bill Snyder"
             <wtsnyder@bellsou
                  th.net>

I am restoring a '53 TD and have just discovered pinholes in the bottom
of the gas tank. I suspect they rusted through where the straps were in
contact with the tank. The tank has been sandblasted and looks good on
the inside. Does anyone have suggestions on how to best seal these
holes. My budget is not sufficient for a new fuel tank at the moment.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Bill Snyder
Waynesville, NC 28786
'66 MGB