Re: MGA Coupe

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA Coupe
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:57:26 EST
In a message dated 01/04/2005 7:21:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

Three  years ago, there was a spotless, all original red coupe for sale
about a  mile from me. The guy was asking $3000.

He didn't get it. He ended up  keeping it and finding relief for his
financial troubles elsewhere. I  didn't have the extra money and I'm not
a coupe fan. It was an incredible  deal though.

- -Rock

____________________________________

Hey Rock - you don't know what you are missing!

The coupe is a civilised car that you can drive all day on long trips in
relative comfort, while you friends in the roadsters get beat to ratsh_t after
the novelty of the first hour or so wears off.

We've done 600 miles in a day and went out and partied that night while our
roadster buddies collapsed in bed!

My Mk 2 is slowly coming along - new pictures at the bottom of this  page:

_http://www.rhodo.citymax.com/page/page/1653190.htm_
(http://www.rhodo.citymax.com/page/page/1653190.htm)

I decided to actually use that oddball Lucas mega-coil we were discussing
earlier - last pic on that page.

The only non-stock item is the spin-on filter which makes the correct frame
mounted coil location impossible, but I'm damned if I want to grovel around
under the car every time I want to change a filter, to make sure the O ring is
seated etc. Spin ons are SO much easier!

Bill