Re: MGB to MGA rear axle swap

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: MGB to MGA rear axle swap
From: James Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 15:15:37 -0400
No, these were the base plates under the spring, where the u-bolts go
through to hold the axle to the leaf spring.  My guess is that the base
plates are smaller on the MGA and reusing the MGA plates required some
rework.  I'll have to ask for more details when I see him next, but to
me, this presents rather minor issues.

Driveshaft length, mountings on a driveshaft flange; those things
represent important issues.  I believe these were of little consequnce
to him, though, because he converted this car to a V6 with a 5-speed, so
I think it already had driveshaft modification to be done.

Here's the car:

http://www.homestead.com/ctmgclub/files/bbts/bbts136.jpg