update on clutch battle

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>, MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com
Subject: update on clutch battle
From: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:54:41 -0500
Thanks again for all the suggestions on my clutch battle.  I have
discovered, hooking up a turnbuckle and chain to the frame that my
clutch works fine at what would be 1/2" of master cylinder travel but
when I fall 1/16" less or 7/16" travel,  my troubles being.  Using a
set of calipers, I've measured the travel on my slave is actually 7/16"
and that is not enough to disengage the engine.  That 1/8" shortfall
was all it took....

So at this point,  a new rubber hose and master cylinder rebuild (since
I have done everything else, I'll rebuild the slave as well)  will be
in order.

Mike