Re: engine races annoyingly

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine races annoyingly
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:16:12 EDT
What you didn't say is whether the throttle linkage is returning to its  idle
rest position.  That will tell you if it is something like the  accelerator
cable--which do sometimes fray and catch in the tube--or something  else
preventing the linkage's normal movement (missing/poorly attached return
spring?),
or if it is something more internal to the carbs.

As for the tubes, there are available rubber bands that fit snugly over the
center of the wheel to protect the tube.  The guys I go to, Radial Tire Co  in
Silver Spring, MD, have been doing wire wheels for decades and their low-tech
 solution is duct tape, although I've heard that tends to fall apart after a
while.

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT
66 Mustang

In a message dated 4/22/2005 10:02:06 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,