Re: engine races annoyingly

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine races annoyingly
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:47:46 -0500
Councill, David wrote:

> I would have to say accelerator cable. My 67BGT had problems with a
> sticking piston and it did not cause the engine to accelerate. Quite the
> opposite - it would die at idle and seemed to hesitate on acceleration.

The Victor has been showing this symptom, but it turned out to be
different from all the other times I have had this problem. Rather than
the cable sticking it was a situation where the cable was set too tight,
with no slack to mention. The pedal action was a bit sticky, so that
would hold the butterfly slightly open. I had been fiddling with this
for a few days when I found out I could restore the low idle by lifting
the pedal with my toe. Some good silicone spray on the pedal pivots and
the wee gubbins on the firewall end of the cable and an added 1/8" slack
in the cable fixed it.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website: http://www.liberty-in-our-time.com/