Re: HS4 float chamber seal

To: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Re: HS4 float chamber seal
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:32:51 +0930
On 25/04/2005, at 4:52 PM, Eric Erickson wrote:

> I have taken this off - pulled the little hose out - using a bit of
> hooked coathanger wire I fished out the old seal.  It is in tatters so
> I guess this is probably the problem.
>
> Right now I am waiting for a little of the fuel to evaporate before I
> jam in the new seal and put the thing back together.  I guess this is
> the only time I will know if I have done it right or not.
>
> It was much easier than I was led to believe - but this is being said
> before I have finished :-)

Ha Ha Ha Ha (don't mind me - I am hysterical!).

Easy as pie - got it back together agiain after popping the little seal
back into place (actually slipped it and a washer that was there
originally on the end of the little hose and slipped it back into the
hole.  Did up the nut and... fuel everywhere!

Took it apart, fished out the little seal and did it over again.  this
time I popped the little seal into the hole first to see if that made a
difference.  Did it up again and - fuel everywhere.

This is silly!

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia