Re: Is THIS the end of The Sacred Octagon?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is THIS the end of The Sacred Octagon?
From: "Phil Bates" <jello@ida.net>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:10:46 -0600 (MDT)
Here is the MG connection - I'm using my compressor in work on my MGs (as
well as other cars).  The compressor seems to have more or less died.
It's an 8 yr old devilbiss oil-less compressor, and the motor is still
spinning, but at 1725rpm instead of 3450rpm.  It's a 5hp (supposedly),
120VAC motor, and has at least one, and maybe two capacitors on it.  Does
anyone on the list know a common diagnosis for a motor running at 1/2
speed??

Thanks,
Phil Bates