Siting RV8 LHD

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Siting RV8 LHD
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 21:24:29 +0200
Guys,

I went yesterday to the Dutch MGCC western region monthly meeting.
One of the clubmembers appeared with a very nice looking RV8 with the
tseering wheel on the left side! The original Rv8's never were made this
way, so we all got curious.
So the owner explained it is in fact a replica, as the body donor is a 1975
MGB!

The car was not easy to build up, as the Dutch MG Rover import company
refused to supply the typical Rv8 parts (body work etc.) The sound of the V8
is magnificent!
So the car was brought to the UK to get the conversion done.
After finishing it took several months to get it registered for the road
again.

I did not dare to ask the conversion cost - but hearing the conversion
story, it must have been a lot!

Cheers,

Hans

ordinary but still oribginal '71 BGT NRG WW