Re: Clutch Slave cylinder

To: elco506@austin.rr.com
Subject: Re: Clutch Slave cylinder
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:41:49 -0400
Brian,
  It should be round, a close fit to the clevis pin. That is as it should
be for all the clevis pins in the car, including brake and handbrake
pins.
  You could replace the pushrod or fill and re-drill.  Check the clevis
pin for a wear notch too.
  The clutch slave tends to collect grit in the oil that accumulates on
the pin, making a grinding paste.  Spraying with WD40 from time to time
may help to rinse away the grinding paste and to provide a bit of clean
lubricant.
Bob