RE: Filling Gearbox

To: "'Randy Widman'" <riwidman@buckeye-express.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Filling Gearbox
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 15:09:17 +0100
On the subject (and without being much help to Randy), I was about to change
the gearbox oil on Nancy (recently acquired BGT on her way back from a
10-year "rest").  I checked Haynes and there it said the thing to use was
engine oil, 20W50 I think.

Any views on this (Nancy has O/D, btw)?  I was going to use a Chevron 15W40,
slightly lighter than what is recommended, but available in big drums for
little money from Costco...

Randy, if it's any help, it's been quite a few years since I filled the
gearbox on my last BGT, but I remember it being a sight easier than my
Triumph Spitfire, which need doing with a long-nozzled pump oil can from
underneath, damned awkward even with the car on a lift!  Almost any access
from in the car has to be better than from below...

Richard Gosling

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If
you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in
this communication shall be legally binding.